Emergency Supply List for Your Cerritos Home
- Prescription medication & glasses
- Infant formula & diapers
- Pet food & extra water for your pet
- Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification & bank account records in a waterproof, portable container
- Cash or traveler’s checks & change
- Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or information from www.ready.gov
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person. Consider additional bedding if you live in a cold-weather climate.
- Complete change of clothing including a long sleeved shirt, long pants & sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if you live in a cold-weather climate.
- Household chlorine bleach & medicine dropper - When diluted nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Feminine supplies & personal hygiene items
- Mess kits, paper cups, plates & plastic utensils, paper towels
- Paper & pencil
- Books, games, puzzles or other activities for children